In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cooking with the Russians

As I said, I will return for a long time only with short stories to catch up the weeks that i have missed.  Much as happened.  Here is  story that I will publish in the month of June, but happened on July 23rd, 2015.


My colleague and friend I, from Estonia and Russia asked me to join in their cooking club.  The women meet every few weeks to cook and chat and laugh and share.  A tradition that i think existed long before but our modernity and TV dinners have replaced something that was filled with love and laughter.

I truly enjoyed being part of the group, even though for a short time.  The dish of the day, keeping the summer theme was 'Blueberry Perogis'.  Fresh blueberry, and freshly made dough. Boiled, cooked and served with cream.  Deliciouso!!











No comments:

Post a Comment