In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, August 31, 2014

That White Mausoleum: Ofcourse, the Taj Mahal!!


This year I got to see the Taj Mahal, the second time. It was exactly a decade ago I saw it for the first time.  Only a few hours drive away from Delhi, I had never seen it growing up. We never value things that are close by.  The building remains ever so majestic.  Sadly, I have never seen it at dawn, dusk, or on a moonlit night, where I believe it looks the most beautiful.  But I did notice there were so many changes to the surrounding area.  It has become a lot more tourist friendly!! 




The best thing for me was to see that many rural folks had come to see the Taj Mahal, implying domestic tourism. These were the farmers, often illiterate, and not modern in our sense of the word--but they looked majestic--NO wonder after all their job is to feed an entire country.  I took this picture to show two of the many things that the country can be proud of.  Architecture and those who feed a country of more than a billion people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment