In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, May 3, 2013

The Last Upper Class Hero






August, 2012, Winterton, 
Near to Inkosana Lodge, 
Close to Drakensberg Mountains, 
South Africa 


I was waiting to return to Durban, and he passed by. 

'Hi, could I please, please take a picture of you?'


He smiled and stood still.


I then asked him to stand next to the trash can that had South African Flag on it.  He complied. I was grateful.  But what touched my heart was when he gave me a soldier like look for the photograph.


Not sure if he was just playing with the camera, honoring me, or simply because he thought that was the appropriate posture for the Camera.


The reason I asked him to stop was his T-shirt.


(I'm) The Last Upper Class Hero!!


A close look will show you that at the bottom of the T-shirt it says, 'Sunny side of life'

I wonder if he knew what all that meant---even if he could read it.


And I truly wonder what would happen if he truly believed it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment